Segers, Sowell, Stewart, Johnson & Brill, P.A. provides a wide range of services to individuals and businesses in a variety of industries. We strive to meet each client's specific needs in planning for the future and achieving their goals in an ever-changing financial and regulatory environment. Our professional services include:
Tax Management and Preparation
At Segers, Sowell, Stewart, Johnson & Brill, P.A. , we guide our clients through a full range of preparation decisions with strategies that minimize your tax liabilities, maximize your cash flow and keep you on track to your financial goals. Our knowledge and research ability allow us to optimize financial opportunities to be found in existing as well as recently enacted tax laws. We are knowledgeable and up to date on past and present tax laws.
Receiving a notice from the Internal Revenue Service can be unsettling. Professional representation can be vital during an audit and our experience with tax authorities enables us to guide clients in the dealings with federal and state agencies. If you have been chosen for an audit, the professional representation you receive from our firm can help minimize your concerns.
At Segers, Sowell, Stewart, Johnson & Brill, P.A., we do more than tax preparation. Our knowledge and expertise allow us to help navigate you through life decisions. We can assist you in understanding the tax impact of your decisions. Waiting until a decision has already been made is often too late. A simple phone call or brief meeting about your intentions can offer a different perspective or another option to achieve your goals that could save you thousands of dollars.
Your choice of business entity has a significant impact on your taxes and other liabilities. From your company's inception through its growth and development, Segers, Sowell, Stewart, Johnson & Brill, P.A. can advise you on choosing, maintaining or converting an entity type. Our knowledge and expertise, will assist you in operating the most advantageous entity type.
Effective estate and trust planning can ensure financial security for loved ones. For businesses, it can maintain a smooth succession of ownership. Segers, Sowell, Stewart, Johnson & Brill, P.A. 's role is to help you navigate the complex and shifting tax laws to facilitate the transfer of assets and minimize the tax liability of your beneficiaries. Everyone should have a well thought out plan to disburse one's estate, avoiding complications and to assure final wishes are followed.
Careful planning will help ensure that your loved ones do not have excessive complications to deal with during an already difficult time.
A large majority of small businesses are family owned. When you own a family business, deciding to retire is not as easy as letting the Human Resources department know you're retiring and completing paperwork. Planning for the future can be a difficult conversation to start and it can be even more difficult to keep it going. When planning for succession in a business, the family dynamic can complicate the transition as emotions and relationships are involved. Studies have shown a large percentage of family owned businesses do not survive the transition from founder to the second generation. Although potentially uncomfortable, adequate succession planning should be a priority for any family owned business. At Segers, Sowell, Stewart, Johnson & Brill, P.A. we can help you ensure your business remains.
Litigation Support and Forensic Accounting
Segers, Sowell, Stewart, Johnson & Brill, P.A.'s litigation support and forensic accounting services can be employed in a wide range of situations, including commercial litigation, financial investigations, business valuations, business and marital dissolutions, and bankruptcies. These services can involve quantification of economic loss or damages, analysis of financial records, and fraud and theft investigation. Financial and personal records are often vast and confusing. With our professional training, we can make sense of these records and transactions and get to your bottom line.
Our litigation support team is directed by Jerry F. Sowell, Jr., CPA. He has over 30 years of experience in providing litigation support in criminal and civil cases.
From start-ups to established enterprises, businesses rely on accurate and insightful financial information in order to maintain profitability and capitalize on new opportunities. Segers, Sowell, Stewart, Johnson & Brill, P.A. 's accounting services steer you closer to these goals with accurate record-keeping and reporting as well as support on financial issues such as initial accounting system setup, cost-containment and tax planning.
These services include but are not limited to:
- General ledger and financial statement preparation
- Bookkeeping (Monthly, quarterly, or annually)
- Filing of Monthly Sales Tax Reports
- Accounting system setup and support
- Cash flow budgeting and forecasting
- Personal financial statements
Reviews and Compilations
At Segers, Sowell, Stewart, Johnson & Brill, P.A. , we focus on building close client relationships that add long-term value. This includes maintaining the accuracy of financial records, evaluating financial procedures and working to produce strategies that help our clients face the myriad challenges of business planning and execution. Our clients benefit from objective analysis to assist in controlling costs, increasing efficiency, and implementing new technologies and procedures that take advantage of changes in the marketplace, accounting standards, and tax law.
Reviews provide limited assurance to outside interests and involve inquiries and analytical procedures that confirm financial statement matters and identify any items requiring further analysis. We perform reviews to ensure the integrity of your data.
Compilations are usually requested for internal purposes and are based upon information provided by a company's management.
If your business is outgrowing your capability or capacity to mange it all but you're not able to afford a full time CFO, Segers, Sowell, Stewart, Johnson & Brill, PA has a solution for you. Hiring and retaining a full time qualified CFO or financial manager is expensive. We can give you an experienced financial manager to help guide you in the right direction at a fraction of the cost and be available to you on your schedule. Our Part-Time CFO Services have the following benefits:
- More time to focus your efforts on growing your business
- A better understanding of your business financial situation. Our Part-Time CFO will work with you to ensure you have the most accurate data available
- Training staff you have on accounting operating procedures, processes and systems to help maintain adequate controls while minimizing costs
- Implement strategies and plans to reduce tax liability
QuickBooks Setup and Training
QuickBooks can provide useful and timely information in the form of financial statements, reports and graphs. However, it can only provide this information if you purchase the right product and then install, setup and use it properly. We don't just help you use the software, we help you use it more efficiently and more effectively.
Segers, Sowell, Stewart, Johnson & Brill, P.A. offers the following solutions to help meet your QuickBooks needs:
- Personal Training - We train you personally! Either one-on-one or several individuals.
- Installation - We work with you or our IT contractor to optimize installation for your needs.
- Setup - We assist new QuickBooks users with product selection and initial setup. We can help convert data and streamline existing setups to QuickBooks. Many users experience problems and lack the ability to generate and track important information as a result of inadequate setup.
- Support - Our QuickBooks support service can assist you with any installation, setup or operation assistance you might need. In addition, our support is not limited to but we can also provide accounting and payroll assistance.
- Evaluation- Our QuickBooks evaluation service helps companies that have the human resources to perform daily accounting and payroll tasks but need accounting, accounts and reports. This review ensures that you receive timely, relevant and reliable financial information. We also inform you of any corrections, adjustments or reclassifications necessary to ensure that the financial information you receive reflects the correct financial condition of your business. Reviews may be conducted at any time, but monthly reviews provide you with up-to-date information and feedback about your business.
Cash Flow and Budgeting Analysis
Good cash management can improve a company's liquidity, reduce costs, and increase profitability. Segers, Sowell, Stewart, Johnson & Brill, P.A. can help you maintain optimal cash flow levels by tracking sources and uses, forecasting, and budgeting. To a business entity, cash flow is something that can make or break the business. We can help you analyze your spending, evaluate your cash flow cycles for an optimal cash flow to support your business' success. This plan would be continually revised as changes occur in your business structure, helping to ensure you are operating at an optimal level. With our help and guidance, you will always be on top of your finances and ready for the future.